Don't count the hours in the day. Make the hours in the day count.

"All children need a laptop. Not a computer, but a human laptop. Moms, Dads, Grannies and Grandpas, Aunts, Uncles - someone to hold them, read to them, teach them. Loved ones who will embrace them and pass on the experience, rituals and knowledge of a hundred previous generations. Loved ones who will pass to the next gneration their expectations of them, their hopes, and their dreams." - General Colin L. Powell

29 October 2008

Pregnancy Whine...

WARNING: Hormonal rantings! Read at your own risk!

So I'm six and a half months pregnant. I have just over three months to go. And I'm miserable! I feel like my stomach is ready to explode. If I eat more than a bowl of cereal or a piece of toast I feel like everything in my abdomen is being stretched to its limits. I'm starting to get morning sickness back again. Bleh! My back, hips, knees and shoulders hurt so bad at night that I can hardly sleep. I am back to sleeping on the couch about half the time because I either have horrible heartburn or I'm so sick to my stomach that I can't hardly stand it. I'm soooo not looking forward to Friday when I get to do my glucose tolerance test. I think I'll make Clayton take me out to breakfast afterward just for suffering through. ;o)

Okay, I think I'm done. All in all, things aren't so bad. The baby is moving around A LOT! Which doesn't help the discomfort, but at least lets me know that he's still okay.

Oh, I so have to tell you what Andrew did the other day. Clayton and I have been talking about names for the baby. I like Luke. My mom suggested Lucas. So Clayton and I were talking about how we both like Luke (don't go getting T-shirts printed...it's just another name to add to the list of possibilities), but we don't like Lucas. A couple of nights later Clayton had class so it was just Andrew and me at home. We were talking about the baby and all the things Big Brother is going to teach him. I decided to ask Andrew what we should name the baby. He got this mischievous smile and said, "We should name him Lucas...cuz you don't like that name" followed by the most evil little toddler laugh you can imagine. I couldn't believe he remembered it. Then to be such a little turkey and suggest something he knows we don't like. All I can do is shake my head. Looks like he's going to get his dad's sense of humor.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I'm sorry you're so uncomfortable, though I can't say I'm surprised. Don't you just love this stage of pregnancy?

Andrew sounds like a little smart-aleck. He kills me! Isn't he too young to be getting your goat on purpose???