Don't count the hours in the day. Make the hours in the day count.

"All children need a laptop. Not a computer, but a human laptop. Moms, Dads, Grannies and Grandpas, Aunts, Uncles - someone to hold them, read to them, teach them. Loved ones who will embrace them and pass on the experience, rituals and knowledge of a hundred previous generations. Loved ones who will pass to the next gneration their expectations of them, their hopes, and their dreams." - General Colin L. Powell

22 October 2008

Results of my money saving efforts...

So I thought I'd share how much money I was able to save. It's not as good as serious couponers, but considering I only get one Sunday paper and don't keep every coupon in every paper...

I spent a total of $261.15 and saved $275.35. That's over 50%. Some of that savings was club/vip card savings; some of it was ad matching at Walmart; $52.33 of that was in coupon savings. I figured that's pretty good for a baginner.

So here's some of what I got:
35 lbs of flour 40 lbs of sugar
2 lbs of brown sugar 1 lb of powdered sugar
15 lbs of potatoes 3 jars of peanut butter
48 boxes of mac n cheese 48 cans of tomato sauce
12 cans of fruit 12 cans of chili
12 cans of spaghettios 6 cans of evaporated milk
12 4-packs of pudding 8 1/2 gallons of milk
2 cases of bottled water 4 cans of Pledge
4 cans of Scrubbing Bubbles 4 bottles of Lysol bathroom/kitchen cleaner
2 containters of Lysol wipes 2 bottles of Windex
6 Glade Scented Oil warmers 6 Glade Scented Oil refills

I also bought some other things we needed, but this was the bulk of my purchases. We're stocked on cleaning supplies for a LONG time. I'm sure it's more than a year supply of that. We also have a lot more food in our food storage. We still need to stock up more of toiletries and a few other essentials like that, but it's a start.

We are considering extra copies of the newspaper for more coupons and I've been spending time online printing coupons from the Internet and doing research into how to save money. I told Clayton I guessed if it was his job to make money, my job is to save as much of it as I can.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

That is seriously impressive! I probably need to get some tips-- the most I do is some ad matching at Walmart. The only problem is that they so rarely seem to have on sale the stuff I actually buy.