Don't count the hours in the day. Make the hours in the day count.

"All children need a laptop. Not a computer, but a human laptop. Moms, Dads, Grannies and Grandpas, Aunts, Uncles - someone to hold them, read to them, teach them. Loved ones who will embrace them and pass on the experience, rituals and knowledge of a hundred previous generations. Loved ones who will pass to the next gneration their expectations of them, their hopes, and their dreams." - General Colin L. Powell

16 October 2008

Eight is Enough....

I'm taking this tag from Heidi. Thought it might be fun. I'm not tagging anyone though. If you want to do it, great. If not, great.

8 TV shows that I love to watch:

1. CSI
2. Gilmore Girls
3. Diners, Drive-ins and Dives
4. Food Network Challenge
5. Super Nanny
6. Nanny 911
7. D-Backs Baseball games
8. Suns Basketball games

8 Favorite Restaurants:

1. Texas Roadhouse
2. Carrabbas
3. Chili's
4. PF Changs
5. Dilly's Deli
6. Papa Kelsey's
7. Canton (It's a long drive to Idaho Falls for it, but it's worth it!)
8. Sonic

8 Things that Happened Yesterday:

1. Drove home from my mom's house
2. Spent time researching candidates for office so I can make a semi-informed decision.
3. Read a little from "The Divine Center" by Stephen Covey
4. Talked to my grandma on the phone
5. Cleaned up a doggy accident.
6. Chatted a little with Clayton while he was at school. (I know I shouldn't distract him, but I miss him on the days he has school and work.)
7. Took a nap.
8. I forgot something.

8 Things I'm Looking Forward to:

1. Not being pregnany anymore (Boy do you I hear you on this one, Heidi!)
2. Not being tired any more.
3. Being able to work out again.
4. Having Clayton out of school for the first week in November.
5. Clayton finishing his Masters and being home more.
6. Fall weather... I'm tired of roasting when I go outside.
7. My grandparents coming to Arizona for the winter.
8. Going to my brother's Navy retirement ceremony next May/June.

8 Things On My Wish List:

1. Having the rest of my pregnancy go well and delivering a healthy baby boy!
2. The housing market to recover so we can sell our house and move closer to civilization.
3. Andrew finally grasping the concept of potty training
4. Fitting into the same size clothes I wore before I got pregnant with Andrew
5. Learning to decorate cakes and make pasteries...maybe having my own little bakery someday.
6. Going to see General Conference live sometime
7. Having good enough retirement savings to be able to do some travelling...maybe going on a mission with Clayton.
8.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

How much longer until Clayton's done with the Master's? Every so often we talk about Terence going back and finishing up his Bachelor's and I just shudder at the thought. I never see him as it is!

VKMyers said...

Thankfully, Clayton's program is just under 12 months. He started in June and will be finished the middle of May. Not sure I could handle much longer than that. One thing to think about with Terence is that there are a lot of credible online programs where he wouldn't have to go to class all the time. Might be worth looking into.