Don't count the hours in the day. Make the hours in the day count.

"All children need a laptop. Not a computer, but a human laptop. Moms, Dads, Grannies and Grandpas, Aunts, Uncles - someone to hold them, read to them, teach them. Loved ones who will embrace them and pass on the experience, rituals and knowledge of a hundred previous generations. Loved ones who will pass to the next gneration their expectations of them, their hopes, and their dreams." - General Colin L. Powell

03 November 2008

Losing Wisdom....

For the past few days I've been fighting my teeth hurting on one side. Super sensitive to hot, cold, sweets, etc. I figured it was a by-product of my pregnancy. Saturday night the pain was so bad I was up at 3am online looking for anything that I could do to relieve the pain that wouldn't be harmful to my pregnancy. I had already decided I was going to go to the dentist first thing today. Then yesterday, driving to my sister-in-law's for a family dinner, I was feeling around in my mouth. I noticed the one wisdom tooth that has grown in had a piece missing... Well, no wonder it hurt.

So I went to the dentist today. The tooth was nasty. It had grown in crooked and tipped so I always had a hard time cleaning it and it showed. Well, I won't have trouble anymore. 31 years old and I had my first wisdom tooth pulled today. I still have one more that hasn't grown in that I'm sure will need to be dealt with sometime after I have my baby. The other two were taken out as buds when I was 9 or so. I already feel better. My jaw hurts a little, but other than that, the tooth pain is gone.

So I may be a little less wise than I was this morning, but at least I'm not in pain any more!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Oh, Valerie, you poor thing! At least now you should get some relief. It just figures that your wisdom tooth would choose now, while you already have all the preg stuff to deal with.

Connie said...

Valerie! So glad I found you! :) Sorry to hear about your tooth, toothaches are some of the worst! Glad you got it fixed and are feeling better!

Hey, I'm not sure if you knew or not, but I started a beginning couponers blog, check it out!

http://pennyearnedpennysaved.blogspot.com/

I get 3 Sunday newspapers for our little family of 4, I would say that you should definitely get more than 1. Check my blog sidebbar for the link to get a great price!

And I agree 100% with you, my hubby's job is to make the money and it's my job to spend it wisely. And deal hunting is a fun hobby too. And if you have any questions, just let me know! Coupon talk is one of my fav things to do!