Don't count the hours in the day. Make the hours in the day count.

"All children need a laptop. Not a computer, but a human laptop. Moms, Dads, Grannies and Grandpas, Aunts, Uncles - someone to hold them, read to them, teach them. Loved ones who will embrace them and pass on the experience, rituals and knowledge of a hundred previous generations. Loved ones who will pass to the next gneration their expectations of them, their hopes, and their dreams." - General Colin L. Powell

24 April 2009

Love...

Love comes in many forms - friendship, marriage, children, kitchen appliances. :o) I'm one of those crazy women who loves kitchen appliances. I'm not really talking about refrigerators or dishwashers (though I do love my dishwasher). I'm talking about the smaller, fun stuff. My recent loves come in the form of my wheat grinder, Bosch, and pasta machine. And I can blame most of it on my friend Bridgette.

I tried bread with the wheat grinder and Bosch. Didn't turn out perfect, but it was my fault. When I tried to proof the bread in the oven (get it to raise quicker), I forgot to turn the oven off after heating it up. That lead to bread baking instead of rising. But I'm one step closer to getting wheat bread instead of wheat bricks!

And it's also her fault I have fallen in love with the coolest kitchen store in the world... Shar's Kitchen. She has the coolest stuff, but best of all, she teaches classes most days of the week and shows you how to use them. Her recipes are awesome and she pressure cooks most things to retain flavor and nutrients. Now I just have to talk me and Clayton into investing in a couple of pressure cookers. I've been to two classes so far, but would have gone to more had Andrew and I not been sick the past week. I have my calendar booked for May. It gives me an opportunity to do something I love. I've learned how to make pasta, which is soooo much better than the store bought, dried stuff. I have an ever growing wish list of things I want to get. I'm sure Clayton is horrified, happy that I've found something I enjoy, but horrified. :o)

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I've always wanted to get into making pasta, but I don't think I can take on another new project right now :-)

Sounds like lots of fun though! I love having a wheat grinder...I haven't made bread in awhile but the home-ground flour is way more to my taste for everything from cookies to pancakes.