Don't count the hours in the day. Make the hours in the day count.

"All children need a laptop. Not a computer, but a human laptop. Moms, Dads, Grannies and Grandpas, Aunts, Uncles - someone to hold them, read to them, teach them. Loved ones who will embrace them and pass on the experience, rituals and knowledge of a hundred previous generations. Loved ones who will pass to the next gneration their expectations of them, their hopes, and their dreams." - General Colin L. Powell

01 May 2009

Here comes trouble

Andrew is a handful. He smart and a bit of a smart mouth, too. Wound up almost every waking hour of the day. I was hoping that Luke would be the more mild-mannered one. Sweet natured. I don't think that's going to happen.

Last night I was getting him undressed for a bath. I was telling Clayton that Luke had pooped while Clayton was gone two days in a row. I looked at Luke and said, "He pooped for mommy two days in a row, huh?!" Luke's response... To laugh out loud. He thought it was funny. He wouldn't laugh if I say anything else, but if I repeated the "he pooped for mommy" thing he would laugh hysterically. So much for being the mild-mannered one who's not a trouble maker.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I kept thinking that for sure I'd get a calm toddler or preschooler-- you know, one of the methodical ones that could play for hours with blocks. So much for that. All of mine have been calm, happy babies and little roaring tornadoes as soon as they get mobile, so I don't think that Kyle will be any different.

Life is going to be so much fun for you when Luke gets older!! He and Andrew will just feed off each other and push each other to new heights :-)