Don't count the hours in the day. Make the hours in the day count.

"All children need a laptop. Not a computer, but a human laptop. Moms, Dads, Grannies and Grandpas, Aunts, Uncles - someone to hold them, read to them, teach them. Loved ones who will embrace them and pass on the experience, rituals and knowledge of a hundred previous generations. Loved ones who will pass to the next gneration their expectations of them, their hopes, and their dreams." - General Colin L. Powell

06 April 2009

Renewed

I'm finally feeling better after having a nasty stomach bug. It's hit everyone in my family except my uncle, my mom, Clayton and Luke. Whatever it is, it can hop a space ship for outer space and stay there!

After a relaxing weekend of watching conference, I'm feeling particularly renewed. I'm determined to make some positive changes in my life. I have a lot of work to do in a lot of areas. But it was good to hear the words of the Prophet, Apostles and the rest of the General Authorities who spoke.

I'm back on the fitness bandwagon, too. I've broken down my total weight loss goal into digestable chunks that actually makes it seem pretty easy and I got up and exercised this morning.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

That's great to hear! I'm feeling very renewed myself after Conference. Ready to tackle the world again. I'll have to start checking in again on the diet stuff. I've been slacking (in the reporting, not the diet :-)

Anonymous said...

Somehow Scott, Aaron & I managed to avoid it too... sorry hear you caught it but I'm glad you're feeling better.