Don't count the hours in the day. Make the hours in the day count.

"All children need a laptop. Not a computer, but a human laptop. Moms, Dads, Grannies and Grandpas, Aunts, Uncles - someone to hold them, read to them, teach them. Loved ones who will embrace them and pass on the experience, rituals and knowledge of a hundred previous generations. Loved ones who will pass to the next gneration their expectations of them, their hopes, and their dreams." - General Colin L. Powell

06 January 2009

Still waiting....

I don't go into the doctor's until Thursday to find out about how big the baby is. I can hardly wait for two reasons. One, I love the fact that I'll get to have a late term ultrasound with this one. I had one with Andrew and it was so neat to see how developed he was and everything. Two, I really want to know if I have any hope of having this baby soon.

I've been having some pretty uncomfortable contractions the last couple of days. I hope they are doing something other than making me miserable. They aren't constant, but I have to stop and just breathe through them - no talking, no doing anything else. I'll have them pretty consistently for an hour or two, and then they'll stop. My back and hips have been a lot more achy lately, too. A good night's sleep is a foreign concept to me right now. Between 3-6 bathroom trips a night, waking up to turn over, and my hips and/or back aching, I'm lucky to piece together enough sleep to keep me functioning.

I am going to go to my appointment prepared for anything. I've got the baby's bag packed and mine started. I just need to finish mine and get a few things together for Andrew so that he can stay with my grandparents while I'm in the hospital. They'll be in the car with us when we go to town. I'd rather be prepared to stay in town and not have to than have to send someone from my family out to get everything.

I'll let everyone know what I find out on Thursday. Until then, the wait continues...

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I hope you go into the appointment and the doctor says "Oh my goodness, you're dilated to a 6! Let's check you into the hospital!"

It's funny because I know I won't get much sleep after the baby arrives, but don't you think that maybe it will be a smidgen more sleep than now???

VKMyers said...

Oh, I would be so happy if he sent me straight to the hospital. I'm not holding my breath, but a girl can dream, can't she?! :o)

At least the sleep after the baby comes should be more restful. Less pain and everything (even if it does take a few weeks). And I'm hoping with every ounce of my being this baby is like Andrew was. He was sleeping 5-6 hours a night at 2-weeks old.

Here's hoping for two healthy baby boys this weekend and more restful sleep for the two of us!!