Don't count the hours in the day. Make the hours in the day count.

"All children need a laptop. Not a computer, but a human laptop. Moms, Dads, Grannies and Grandpas, Aunts, Uncles - someone to hold them, read to them, teach them. Loved ones who will embrace them and pass on the experience, rituals and knowledge of a hundred previous generations. Loved ones who will pass to the next gneration their expectations of them, their hopes, and their dreams." - General Colin L. Powell

31 December 2008

Entering the final countdown

So it's been a crazy couple of weeks. With the holidays and all I'm beat. I spent more time in a car driving around to family functions than I care to admit. And, Merry Christmas to me, my ankles decided to leave the building on Christmas day. Fortunately, they stop by and visit every day... And to top it all off, I've had the worst head cold this past week (also came in time for Christmas). So I have this wonderful Catch 22: If I prop my feet up to get rid of the swelling, my head plugs up and I can't breathe. If I prop my head up so I can breathe, the swelling doesn't go down nearly as fast. Have I said how excited I am for this pregnancy to be over?!

On that note, I went in for a checkup today. I'm already dialated to 2cm (1 1/2 cm more than I was when I went in to be induced with Andrew at 38 1/2 weeks) and the baby's head is down. I'm also measuring on the big side so I go in for an ultrasound next week to see just how big this baby is. If the baby is as big as the doc thinks he is, the doc wants to induce me probably next weekend or early the next week. So it seems as though my misery will soon end. And there is still a chance that I won't go that long anyway.

I have to admit, I wasn't totally prepared for it to be this soon. I wished and hoped to hard that it would be an early delivery and now that the chances of that happening are probably in the 90% range, I'm not sure I'm ready. I still have baby clothes to wash and put away and bags to get packed and arrangements to make (in case Clayton's not home and I need a ride to the hospital).

I'll keep you updated on what's happening. Keep your fingers crossed that all goes well!

And HAPPY NEW YEAR to all of my friends and loved ones who take the time to read my rantings and ravings!

4 comments:

Amy Bateman said...

Take a deep breath, hold it, let it out slowly. Now think to yourself "Everything will be fine. Everything will work out." Nobody ever gives a "Worst Prepared Mother of the Year" award. If they did, I'd have had it several times over so you don't have to worry.

Heidi said...

I hope you are out of your misery soon. I'm jealous though...after talking about inducing me for measuring too far along, my OB has just decided to let me keep going. (sigh)

Josiah & Bridgette Ridley said...

Hey girl! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. All will be wonderful! Let me know if you need any help! Call me when the time comes so I can come and see you guys!

Where's your hospital at?

VKMyers said...

We are delivering at Banner Gateway, the new hospital at Higley and the 60. We'll let you know when our little guy arrives (hopefully sooner than later).