Don't count the hours in the day. Make the hours in the day count.

"All children need a laptop. Not a computer, but a human laptop. Moms, Dads, Grannies and Grandpas, Aunts, Uncles - someone to hold them, read to them, teach them. Loved ones who will embrace them and pass on the experience, rituals and knowledge of a hundred previous generations. Loved ones who will pass to the next gneration their expectations of them, their hopes, and their dreams." - General Colin L. Powell

08 January 2009

The Light at the End of the Tunnel

I went into the doctor today for my ultrasound and check up. The baby is perfectly healthy. His head is down and covered in peach fuzz so he'll definitely have some kind of hair on his head. He was super cute. He was holding his foot in his hands up by his mouth. Not sure if he was trying to suck on his toes or what, but it was so cute. Here's a pic of the little guy:


The tech said he's really cute. I'm sure she has to be right. I know... I'm probably biased. But I also think Andrew turned out to be a pretty cute little fellow.

According to the measurements, the baby is about 7lbs 13oz (although that could be off by as much as a pound to a pound and a half). Not enough to be induced. I was a little bummed. The doctor came in and looked at the results. Talked about maybe inducing me next week if I really didn't want to wait, but that he for sure wouldn't let me go past my due date because that would put the baby over 9lbs. But that he was going to just let me go for now. *sigh* I was really disappointed. I'm still only dialated to 2cm so the chances of me going into labor on my own any time soon is pretty slim.

Then came the good news and one of the many reasons that I love my doctor so very much. As he was checking out the baby, he said I was just so big and the baby felt bigger than he measured. I looked at him with agreement. He asked if I thought the baby was bigger than that and my answer was a resounding YES! Now thanks to a wonderful doctor who doesn't rely on just one thing, I am scheduled to report at the hospital at 7:30am Wednesday, Jan. 14 to be induced. So I now know that I will only have a few more days to wait. And it'll give me a chance to get a few last minute things done before the baby comes. We are excited to add another little guy to our family.
We'll let everyone know how it goes. And if by some miracle, I go into labor before that, we'll let you know. So, there is a light at the end of the tunnel! Wish us luck!

1 comment:

Erica said...

How exciting! I have to admit I am a little jealous. I know I have a long way to go but I think I am almost ready. GOOD LUCK!!!