Don't count the hours in the day. Make the hours in the day count.

"All children need a laptop. Not a computer, but a human laptop. Moms, Dads, Grannies and Grandpas, Aunts, Uncles - someone to hold them, read to them, teach them. Loved ones who will embrace them and pass on the experience, rituals and knowledge of a hundred previous generations. Loved ones who will pass to the next gneration their expectations of them, their hopes, and their dreams." - General Colin L. Powell

31 January 2009

Super Savings

So I finally did it. I had an order at Fry's where I saved 93%.

Bought:
6 Wheat Thins: $2/2 Q = $.50 ea.
2 Juicy Juice: $1/1 Q = $1 ea.
2 Frank's Red Hot: $.35/1 Q (tripled to $1/1) = Free
4 Hormel Chili: $.50/2 Q (doubled to $1/2) = Free
2 French's Mustard: $.50/1 Q (doubled to $1/1) = Free Plus Catalina for $1 OYNO
2 Rotel Diced Tomatoes: $.50/1 Q = Free
2 Green Giant Steamers: $.50/1 Q (doubled to $1/1) = Free
2 Suave Deoderant: $.50/1 Q (doubled to $1/1) = Free
4 Suave Lotion: $1/1 Q = Free

Paid $4.34 OOP
Saved $59.54 for a total of 93% savings!

Even the checker, bagger and the next person in line were impressed! If only I could do this all the time! Anyone know how I can get free diapers and formula!?

I'm sure some of my family thought I was nuts for ordering 3 extra copies (for a total of 4) Sunday papers each week. My savings today paid for the extra copies for more than the entire year. I've saved enough already this year to pay for my year's subscription. WOOHOO!!!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Great job, Valerie!!! I think Connie would be proud.

Connie said...

Yes, yes, Connie is so very proud! ;) And there are times that you can get diapers for super cheap/free. I got in on a deal at Walgreens a while ago, and honestly haven't bought diapers since July - check out this post for the details :) I'll let you know when it comes back!

http://azreesefamily.blogspot.com/2008/07/diapers-galore.html