Don't count the hours in the day. Make the hours in the day count.

"All children need a laptop. Not a computer, but a human laptop. Moms, Dads, Grannies and Grandpas, Aunts, Uncles - someone to hold them, read to them, teach them. Loved ones who will embrace them and pass on the experience, rituals and knowledge of a hundred previous generations. Loved ones who will pass to the next gneration their expectations of them, their hopes, and their dreams." - General Colin L. Powell

06 August 2009

Looking and Dancing - The Myers' Story, Part 3

So after the retreat, I didn't really see Clayton until Institute started a couple of weeks later. The Friday of that week there was a HUGE opening social for all the YSAs in the valley at Castles 'n' Coasters. I asked Clayton if he wanted to come with me and my friends, but he told me he was going to go with some of his friends and he'd see me there. I was a little disappointed, but figured I'd run into him there.

I spent a lot of the night keeping an eye out for Clayton, but never saw him. It probably turned out to be a good thing. The first ride we went on was a water ride. I sat in the front and got SOAKED! I could barely walk with my G's and jeans sticking to my legs to badly. I had fun with my friends, but was a little sad I hadn't seen Clayton. He told me later that his friends bailed out on him so he went alone, spending the whole night looking for me and never finding me. And he hadn't taken my cell number with him so he couldn't call.

We saw each other and Intstitute and at our council meetings and had fun chatting. A few friends had decided to go dancing at a place that held lessons and then open dance. I offered to pick up Clayton and was already giving Bridgette a ride, which made me a little less nervous. Clayton was quite a sport. We were learning salsa dancing which he'd never done before. He did pretty well though, I have to admit. And he can shake his groove thing nicely. When the free dancing started, I was the only one Clayton would dance with. He told me later that he wasn't interested in my other friends so why would he dance with them... Good point.

That night on the way home, I was really tired. And when I get tired I get really goofy. We were driving in the rain and passed a puddle. I said a simple, "Hi, water." Due to my being tired, I started laughing hysterically. I mean can't stop, can't breath, tears rolling down my face laughing. Clayton was looking at me like I was a psychopath. I just knew I'd scared him off. He probably thought I was some crazy girl that he wanted nothing to do with... We dropped him off, far too soon for my taste, and I finally admitted to Bridgette that I liked Clayton, I mean REALLY liked him. It was the first time I had admitted it to myself or anyone. I had been telling everyone, including me, that he was just really cool and fun to hang out with.

(...to be continued...)

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Hopefully the laughing hysterically thing was cute and not psycho!

I nearly scared Terence off by running fully clothed into the waves for no reason whatsoever on one of our trips to the beach. He later said that he had never pegged me for the "spontaneous" type. I don't know what got into me, must just have been that I went a little crazy around him.

VKMyers said...

He was a little worried, but decided I just liked to laugh I guess. Managed to not scare him off and I still get that way. Wait for the next installment. Total foot in mouth.

Connie said...

Ok, so what year was this? I went to a big Castles & Coasters thing back in '98...was this then? I dunno...lol Super fun story. I am HILARIOUS when I'm exhausted. hahaha :D