Don't count the hours in the day. Make the hours in the day count.

"All children need a laptop. Not a computer, but a human laptop. Moms, Dads, Grannies and Grandpas, Aunts, Uncles - someone to hold them, read to them, teach them. Loved ones who will embrace them and pass on the experience, rituals and knowledge of a hundred previous generations. Loved ones who will pass to the next gneration their expectations of them, their hopes, and their dreams." - General Colin L. Powell

02 March 2009

Dreams and Reality

Have you ever had a dream that in some way creeps into reality? The dream feels so real that it's hard to distinguish it from reality? I had one of those last night. And I freaked out Clayton. But first... Anyone who knows me very well knows that I am prone to fits of uncontrolled laughter. I mean belly-rolling, tear-streaming can't stop if I wanted to laughter. Most of the time it happens when I'm super tired. Okay, back to my dream: In it, Clayton handed me his cell phone and asked me to call his sister, Bonnie. I pushed the button to use voice command. "Please say a command."
"Call Bonnie Mobile".
"Did you say Eric Sans?"
Huh? "No."
"Please say a command."
"Call Bonnie Mobile."
"Did you say Eric Mobile?"
"NO! What is wrong with this dumb phone?"
From the phone I hear a woman's voice say, "I'm sorry. Sometimes there is a glitch in the system."
Not expecting to hear a real live person, I closed the phone and started laughing hysterically.

The next thing I remember, Clayton is shaking me awake. "Sweetheart, are you okay?" All he could feel was my body shaking. He thought I was crying. Through the same type of laughter in my dream I respond, "Uh, huh."
"Was that a yes?"
"Uh, huh."
"Are you laughing or crying?"
"Laughing."

I was laughing so hard I couldn't stop. Tears were streaming down my cheeks. Now, mind you, it's 5 o'clock in the morning. I'm still laughing. I flew out of bed and ran to the bathroom to avoid peeing my pants. Clayton is laughing at me. I climbed back into bed and finally pulled myself together. By this time, Clayton is snoring away again.

Life has been kind of stressful adjusting to a new baby and all. I needed a good laugh. But I didn't need it at 5am!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

That's hilarious! I wish I could have dreams that make me laugh. My dreams that merge into reality always seem to be terribly frightening and I can't sleep the rest of the night.

Erik said...

That must have been a dream, seeing as how Clayton's phone doesn't dial me accidentally or otherwise...