Don't count the hours in the day. Make the hours in the day count.

"All children need a laptop. Not a computer, but a human laptop. Moms, Dads, Grannies and Grandpas, Aunts, Uncles - someone to hold them, read to them, teach them. Loved ones who will embrace them and pass on the experience, rituals and knowledge of a hundred previous generations. Loved ones who will pass to the next gneration their expectations of them, their hopes, and their dreams." - General Colin L. Powell

25 March 2009

Body Revolt....

So I'm determined to get off the weight I've gained since I got married almost 4 years ago. Most of it came from my pregnancy with Andrew. I've been lucky enough to have already lost the pregnancy weight from Luke. It's been hard to get motivated - hard to find uninterrupted time with two kids, hard to take the time for myself, hard to workout when I'm so out of shape, hard to work out when I don't get enough sleep. Yesterday I decided to shut my internal trap and just do it.

Clayton and I bought a treadmill a couple of years ago, hoping we could avoid the excuses of not having time/money to go to the gym. It's collected a lot of dust over those two years. I did exercise and got off about 17 lbs a year ago, but then I got pregnant again. But now's the time.

So I have the equipment. I have no good excuse anymore. I've decided that instead of just walking, I'll do hill intervals to increase the intensity and keep things a little bit interesting. Wow..I'm really out of shape. My body is in full revolt today. I still got up and did my workout, but it didn't take long for all of my leg muscles to scream out in burning pain. I walked through it and feel great now. Tomorrow, I'm expecting an even bigger revolt.

I'm doing it though. My cousin, Amy, has asked me to be Matron-of-Honor in her wedding and I am not going to be the "fat bridesmaid". I have about a year to get down to where I want to be. That means about 50-55lbs and a lot of work. But that's really only a pound a week and a very realistic goal. And I have the help of my friend, Heidi, too. She and I are both trying to get some baby weight off so we check in with each other pretty much every day so we have someone to hold us each accountable. She's been doing much better than I have lately, so I have some serious repenting and catching up to do.

So here's to success ... and less revolt from my body!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

You can do it!!! I'm going to cheer you on all the way to the end, and this time next year we are both going to need complete new wardrobes.

Connie said...

Good for you! I find it hard to justify time for myself when there's so much to be done around my house and kids to be raised...not to mention a hubby that needs attention too sometimes. Anyways, I would love to lose some weight as soon as I have this baby (6 weeks, yay!)...keep posting your progress, I'd love to hear how you're doing & what challenges you come up against! Good luck! :D