Don't count the hours in the day. Make the hours in the day count.

"All children need a laptop. Not a computer, but a human laptop. Moms, Dads, Grannies and Grandpas, Aunts, Uncles - someone to hold them, read to them, teach them. Loved ones who will embrace them and pass on the experience, rituals and knowledge of a hundred previous generations. Loved ones who will pass to the next gneration their expectations of them, their hopes, and their dreams." - General Colin L. Powell

23 March 2009

Garden Time...

So, my goal was to get our garden in a month ago, but it didn't happen. Too many other things got in the way. I did manage to get it in before I did last year. But, it's official. We have a garden! We decided to plant only things that we are able to can or freeze. So we put in tomato plants, onions, green beans, beets, carrots, cucumbers and peas. We got a free cabbage plant so we stuck that in to for kicks and giggles. I also decided to get a couple of patio pots and we planted some strawberries in there. Now we are hoping in a couple of months to be able to harvest some of the fruits of our labors! I love spring time.

Look out flower garden...here I come!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Hope everything (or most everything) grows well for you! I keep saying I'm going to plant stuff and then I never get it done. This year I'm shooting for a fall planting. :-)