Don't count the hours in the day. Make the hours in the day count.

"All children need a laptop. Not a computer, but a human laptop. Moms, Dads, Grannies and Grandpas, Aunts, Uncles - someone to hold them, read to them, teach them. Loved ones who will embrace them and pass on the experience, rituals and knowledge of a hundred previous generations. Loved ones who will pass to the next gneration their expectations of them, their hopes, and their dreams." - General Colin L. Powell

07 February 2009

Luke


Luke is our little miracle. It took us nearly a year of trying, crying, doctor appointments and medication to conceive him. He's only been with us for a few short weeks, but I love him very much. He's a handsome little guy who loves to be held and snuggled. He makes the cutest little faces, of which my favorite is his surprised look - eyebrows raised, wide eyes and his mouth in a small "O" shape. He loves to be rocked and have a song sung to him. He can sleep through anything...seriously...even aunts, uncles, grandparents and parents screaming at the top of their lungs all together. I love his dark hair and inquiring eyes. I hope he keeps both. He's starting to imitate our facial expressions a little bit. I love to hold his little hands and stroke his chubby little cheeks. He's getting so big so fast. I look forward to seeing what kind of a boy and then man he turns into. I just hope it doesn't happen too fast.

3 comments:

Josiah & Bridgette Ridley said...

He already looks so different then the day I saw him in the hospital the day after he was born.

I can't wait to see him now that he is more active. :o)

Heidi said...

He's so cute! I can't help but just want to smother them with kisses at this age (except when he's fussy at 3am.)

Jen said...

HI! My name is Jen, and I just moved in with my in laws in florence, they live in anthem actually, and I have not met anyone here yet. I came across your blog and you have a beautiful family, your babies are so adorable! you look like someone I would get along great with, and I hope to hear from you. You can check out my blog or email me at jenstaley@msn.com I have a 9 year old son that I am homeschooling right now and a 2 year old little guy that is my life. I hope to hear from you soon :)
Jen