Don't count the hours in the day. Make the hours in the day count.

"All children need a laptop. Not a computer, but a human laptop. Moms, Dads, Grannies and Grandpas, Aunts, Uncles - someone to hold them, read to them, teach them. Loved ones who will embrace them and pass on the experience, rituals and knowledge of a hundred previous generations. Loved ones who will pass to the next gneration their expectations of them, their hopes, and their dreams." - General Colin L. Powell

06 February 2009

Andrew

So, being a new mother of two, I've been feeling a little bit overwhelmed and frustrated. So as a bit of an attitude adjusment, I decided what better way to appreciate what I have than to talk about it. So I'm going to talk about what I love about my kids to help me remember what I love about them.


Andrew's my little fire ball. He's as smart as they come. When people hear him talk, they think he's four, not two. He started putting three- and four-word sentences together before he was two. He's already telling stories and he can remember things he heard or talked about two or three weeks ago. That also means that we have to be VERY careful what we say around him. He's been very healthy overall. We've had a couple of problems with his teeth, but I've only had him to the doctor a couple of times since he was born because of being sick. He's super social and loves to play with other kids. He loves going to nursery, which is a blessing for me. We don't have to worry about having him crying and wanting to stay with one of us. He ALWAYS says the blessing on the food. He won't let anyone else do it. He also always remembers to say his prayers at night. He's recognized Jesus Christ's picture since he was 9 months old. He's definitely going to be a spiritual giant if I can teach him what he needs to know. Any time I am sad and crying, he'll come up and give me a hug and ask me to not be upset anymore. No matter how many times he gets in trouble, he always tells me he loves me. He loves to sing songs and, for a two-, nearly three-year old, he's got some pretty good rhythm. I also love the fact that he loves to read stories. If someone will read to him, he'll sit there quiet for hours listening to them. He can also remember how a story goes after hearing it once and will call you out if you miss something or mess something up. He has the cutest smile and the goofiest sense of humor and totally cracks me up when I take time to notice him. I love him very much and and blessed to have him in my life.

2 comments:

Amy Bateman said...

Sounds like you've got one smart little boy on your hands! I bet he keeps you entertained whether you want it or not!

Heidi said...

So fun to hear all that nice stuff about Andrew. That's a great idea about focusing on all the special things about your kids. I need to try it next time Msrianne is having an attitude day.