Don't count the hours in the day. Make the hours in the day count.

"All children need a laptop. Not a computer, but a human laptop. Moms, Dads, Grannies and Grandpas, Aunts, Uncles - someone to hold them, read to them, teach them. Loved ones who will embrace them and pass on the experience, rituals and knowledge of a hundred previous generations. Loved ones who will pass to the next gneration their expectations of them, their hopes, and their dreams." - General Colin L. Powell

08 December 2008

Woes...

This past week has been a little rough on our little family. I woke up last Monday with a slightly sore wrist, that I had attributed to sleeping in it funny. By Friday, I could barely move it so I went to the doctor, just to find out that I was doing all the right things and that he didn't think it was broken. It's finally starting to feel better, but imagine trying to deal with a 2 1/2 year-old when you are 7 1/2 months pregnant and can't use your dominant hand... *sigh* And to add to the fun, Andrew had a cold all last week and was extra grumpy. Clayton ended up home most of the week sick, too.

Even more fun than all of that... I'm starting to have contractions. My OB wasn't super concerned about it yet. They are pretty random and aren't painful yet, just uncomfortable. He did tell me that I was probably doing too much and I needed to take it easy. He also told Clayton to do the grocery shopping. :o) The bad thing is that "taking it easy" includes not doing dinner and not much of anything else. If I do much other than walk around the house, I have a contraction. So, I guess my body is deciding to put itself on a little bit of bed rest.

I told Clayton I feel like I'm falling apart... This pregnancy hasn't been much fun. Here's hoping that it gets better, at least so I can enjoy the holidays, and that the baby comes early!! :o)

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Oh, I'm so sorry Valerie! I hope that wrist feels better soon. And believe me, I know how tough it is to "take it easy." Hang in there!!!!