Don't count the hours in the day. Make the hours in the day count.

"All children need a laptop. Not a computer, but a human laptop. Moms, Dads, Grannies and Grandpas, Aunts, Uncles - someone to hold them, read to them, teach them. Loved ones who will embrace them and pass on the experience, rituals and knowledge of a hundred previous generations. Loved ones who will pass to the next gneration their expectations of them, their hopes, and their dreams." - General Colin L. Powell

27 September 2008

I'm getting too old for this...

So I had the perfect weekend planned out. My in-laws wanted to take Andrew for the weekend. It worked out great. My best friend was having a Mary Kay party Friday night and I could go without having to wait for Clayton to get home from work. Then Saturday, I was going to get up early and go pick up more peaches and some pears to can about 7:00am. Go home; clean my house; maybe doing some canning or dehydrating; take a nap; watch Women's Conference....

I dropped off Andrew and headed to my friend's house. It was so wonderful. It's been a long, long time since I did anything with "the girls" and I was so in need of the recharge. So much so in fact that I didn't get home until almost 11pm. I had totally forgotten in all the excitement that I had to get up super early. By the time I got home and unwound, it was after midnight before I got to sleep. My alarm went off at an offensive 6:15am. 6 hours of sleep wasn't close to enough. I went to pick up my produce, only to wait for over half an hour because the truck was late getting there. I got the stuff home and I was POOPED! I couldn't even hardly muster enough energy to eat, let alone all the other stuff I was going to do. I struggled along until after lunch and passed out. I'm still tired, but feeling better. I'm still good to go on the Women's Conference, thank goodness.

This weekend just reminded me that I'm not 20 any more and my "old" pregnant body can't handle the late nights and early mornings of it's youth. So if I ever come to your house for a party and I'm not gone by 9:30pm, lovingly kick me out and make me go home. I'm just getting too old for this...

2 comments:

AlwaysMee said...

Well---I've got the "old" part going on. Hope it was fun.

Josiah & Bridgette Ridley said...

But it was all worth it, girl, wasn't it? It was fun, like old times. I miss hanging out with you like we used to. The joy of marriage and pregnancy! I'm not knocking it, just a little jealous! :o)