Don't count the hours in the day. Make the hours in the day count.

"All children need a laptop. Not a computer, but a human laptop. Moms, Dads, Grannies and Grandpas, Aunts, Uncles - someone to hold them, read to them, teach them. Loved ones who will embrace them and pass on the experience, rituals and knowledge of a hundred previous generations. Loved ones who will pass to the next gneration their expectations of them, their hopes, and their dreams." - General Colin L. Powell

03 September 2008

The curse of Grandpa Myers...aka Testostrone Way

So I went to the doctor's office yesterday for my ultrasound. I was a little nervous. I'd been reading too many horror stories of babies with problems and was kind of freaked out that mine would fall into that category. I know...not smart. And who's brilliant idea was it to make a pregnant woman (whose bladder can't hold as much as it used) drink that much water? I thought I was going to pee my pants before it was all said and done. So we waited and waited while the tech did all the diagnostic images...only to find out the baby had it's legs so tight together we weren't sure we'd be able to find out what we were having.

Someone loved me enough to have the tech let me go pee and shake up the baby a bit. After some gentle prodding, the legs spread to reveal... a boy. Honestly, I was a little disappointed. I thought it would be a girl because my pregnancies have been so different. Goes to show that every pregnancy is different and is no indicator of gender. After some reminding from Clayton of all the good things:
Two boys to be friends with each other
Not having to start from scratch with baby stuff
Father and Sons outings (leaving mommy home in the quiet)

I am now excited about having another boy. Doesn't mean I may not try again for a girl. So without further ado, here is the newest member of our family... Baby Boy Myers~

I do have to admit, we think this is all Grandpa Myers' fault. See, Clayton's dad is the only boy of 8 kids. Grandpa Myers so wanted to have more boys in the family and was so excited when Clayton's family ended up with three boys and two girls. Grandpa died when Clayton was about 18, so we've decided he's up there "directing traffic" and pointing all the boys our way and sending the girls off to some other nice family. And so far he's done a good job. Of the boys in the family to have kids, this will make three kids and three boys. And one of the boys hasn't even started his family yet.

So, I get to look forward to at least a couple more years as the only queen of the castle and get to enjoy my fair share of testosterone.

2 comments:

Amy Bateman said...

Sorry, I'm taking all the girls. Almost everyone we know has more boys so I guess that's the reason. Congrats on another boy. Once he gets here I'm sure you'll wonder how you ever got along without him and Andrew will be a great big brother.

AlwaysMee said...

You’ve been tagged. Read my blog to find out how it works.