Don't count the hours in the day. Make the hours in the day count.

"All children need a laptop. Not a computer, but a human laptop. Moms, Dads, Grannies and Grandpas, Aunts, Uncles - someone to hold them, read to them, teach them. Loved ones who will embrace them and pass on the experience, rituals and knowledge of a hundred previous generations. Loved ones who will pass to the next gneration their expectations of them, their hopes, and their dreams." - General Colin L. Powell

25 August 2008

Computers, dogs and school

So, our computer is really sick. We have a back up we are using, but I can't get to the USB port to download pictures to, so as soon as we get something working I PROMISE more pics! Until then, you'll have to live with boring text!

So we've been enjoying Clayton's two weeks off from school. We decided to get the family a pet... She's an Australian Shepherd/Lab mix that we rescued from the Animal Welfare League. She's a year old and luckily she's housebroken. She's good with Andrew and if we could break her of play biting and chewing all of Andrew's toys, we'd be happy campers. Andrew likes to play with her, probably too much. He's thoroughly pleased by chasing her with his vacuum or trike or truck or anything he can push that will make her run.

Clayton starts school again tonight so I get to look forward to more "single" parenting and lots of sad Andrew who misses his Daddy! I know it's going to be worth it, but boy is it going to be a struggle. It doesn't help that I have pregnancy hormones that are going crazy and make me cry at the drop of a spoon or a spill of juice.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I just got here for the first time and you'd think I live on the other end of the country from you. I had no idea Clayton was going to school! Where have I been? Anyway, glad to hear that you've heard the heartbeat and that you are surviving the crazy pregnant hormonal rollercoaster (I keep insisting I'm normal and Terence keeps reminding me that I'm not.)