Don't count the hours in the day. Make the hours in the day count.

"All children need a laptop. Not a computer, but a human laptop. Moms, Dads, Grannies and Grandpas, Aunts, Uncles - someone to hold them, read to them, teach them. Loved ones who will embrace them and pass on the experience, rituals and knowledge of a hundred previous generations. Loved ones who will pass to the next gneration their expectations of them, their hopes, and their dreams." - General Colin L. Powell

19 July 2008

The Sound of Silence

This week has been a quiet one...literally. We went to a b-day party for our nephew, Stephen, at my in-laws house Tuesday night. When Clayton and I left, we left Andrew there. And it's a good thing, too. He was so hyped up on sugar from cake, ice cream and candy from a pinata that I don't think I'd have wanted to bring him home. :o) He's been with grandma and grandpa all week. It's been so nice. Don't get me wrong. I've missed him a lot. But it has been nice to sleep as long as I want and not have anything or anyone else to worry about other than me. I'd like to say I spent the time doing all of the stuff that I have needed to for a while, but that is so hard to get done with a two-year old around, but I didn't. I relaxed and well, that's it. I relaxed. I do have to admit that it's been a bit lonely. I don't remember the last time I had the house to myself for this long. Probably before Andrew was born.

He's coming home tonight and we are looking forward to showing him his big surprise... We moved his big-boy bed into his room while he was gone. I'm sure he'll love it. I made a cute Thomas the Train quilt (thank you for the help, Grandma!) and there's a matching pillow case. Andrew LOVES trains so he loves his blanket. I'll be sure to let you know how it all works out.

Next stop...potty training.

No comments: