Don't count the hours in the day. Make the hours in the day count.

"All children need a laptop. Not a computer, but a human laptop. Moms, Dads, Grannies and Grandpas, Aunts, Uncles - someone to hold them, read to them, teach them. Loved ones who will embrace them and pass on the experience, rituals and knowledge of a hundred previous generations. Loved ones who will pass to the next gneration their expectations of them, their hopes, and their dreams." - General Colin L. Powell

08 July 2008

Kids say the darndest things....

So Clayton and I have both noticed a great increase in the number of surprising, and often times funny, things Andrew says. As his vocabulary grows exponentially, so do the jaw dropping or gut-busting things he says. I thought I'd share of few examples...

I'll start with a couple of real heart-warmers. I was sitting on the bed the other day. Andrew climbed up next to me, leaned against me and said, "Mama, you're my best friend." Today again, I was laying on the bed. He climbed up and laid down next to me and said, "Mama, you're my best friend, ever, in the whole world, in my life." Those kind of things make all the terrible two's disappear. A few days ago, Andrew said, "He's a superhero." I asked him who was a superhero. His response, "Dada is a superhero."



Yesterday, Clayton asked Andrew to go get his shoes so we could put them on to leave. Andrew got his shoes and brought them to his room. Clayton told him thank you and Andrew responded, "It was my pleasure." We just had to shake our heads and laugh.
I've decided that Andrew is psychic. I went to get him up from his nap the other day. I had been cutting celery in the kitchen when I heard him wake up. Before he ever left his room, he said, "Mama, you making celery?" Now how in the world did he know I was cutting up celery. The world may never know. Though he did say something last night that makes me hope he's not psychic. I was visiting with a friend. She asked if was having a girl baby or a boy baby. He said a girl. Then she asked how many babies were in my tummy. He looked at my tummy, pointed and started counting, "One...two...three." Even the doctor said he hoped not when I told him.


One of the biggest gut-busters came the other night. We were chilling out in the living room. Andrew said something to the effect of "Wabba Wabba dobie do." I asked Clayton what he'd said. Andrew looked and me and said, "I said Wabba Wabba dobie do," repeating the last part slower as if that would help me understand. Clayton and I were laughing so hard we were almost in tears.
I'm sure that I only have more of these moments to come as Andrew talks more and more. He's so smart. And I'm so blessed to have him in my life!

1 comment:

AlwaysMee said...

He is adorable...even got a few laughs out of mee.