Don't count the hours in the day. Make the hours in the day count.

"All children need a laptop. Not a computer, but a human laptop. Moms, Dads, Grannies and Grandpas, Aunts, Uncles - someone to hold them, read to them, teach them. Loved ones who will embrace them and pass on the experience, rituals and knowledge of a hundred previous generations. Loved ones who will pass to the next gneration their expectations of them, their hopes, and their dreams." - General Colin L. Powell

01 April 2010

Stalled...

So I thought this early morning thing would be great.  What I didn't count on was the fact that the kids would decide they need to get up early, too.  So instead of getting in exercise, I'm having to get them ready to go for the day.  And for Luke especially, it hasn't been good.  He normally sleeps until 8:30am so waking up at 7am, when he's not going to bed any earlier, has made for a very temperamental little boy.  And Andrew seems to be crankier than usual, too.  Hopefully, in a week or two, we'll all adjust and it will work out the way I want.  I think dad used to leave early enough that they were still in a deep sleep.  Now he's late enough that they are hearing him and deciding it's time to rise and shine.  Oh, well.  At least Clayton's alarm isn't waking me up at 4:30am, and 4:37am, and 4:43am.... 

1 comment:

Heidi said...

Is the earlier sunshine contributing? That seems to have a big effect on how late my kids are sleeping. (Or at least how deeply they are sleeping.)

Yep, I say thumbs down on the early morning stuff if the kids are going to get up too!