Don't count the hours in the day. Make the hours in the day count.

"All children need a laptop. Not a computer, but a human laptop. Moms, Dads, Grannies and Grandpas, Aunts, Uncles - someone to hold them, read to them, teach them. Loved ones who will embrace them and pass on the experience, rituals and knowledge of a hundred previous generations. Loved ones who will pass to the next gneration their expectations of them, their hopes, and their dreams." - General Colin L. Powell

30 March 2010

Engines Revved

So Clayton's schedule changed this week.  Since we got married, he's been working Th, F, S and every other W, 6a-6p.  Yesterday he started M-F, 8a-5p.  I've decided to start getting up when he gets up to exercise and get my day going.  We've been a little later than we planned getting up, but it's been so nice to have some time in the morning before the kids wake up for me.  Today, I got in my exercise, sprayed weeds, did the huge pile of dishes we had in the sink, and cleaned the kitchen all before the kids got up.  And I feel revved up and ready to tear through the rest of the day.  Tomorrow, I'm definitely getting up on time so I can get in my exercise and all again.  I think this may just be a good thing.  Even if I'm not a morning person!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

The early morning is a lifesaver for me. There's just so much I can get done before the kids get up. The only problem is making sure I get to bed at a decent hour so I can get up!