Don't count the hours in the day. Make the hours in the day count.

"All children need a laptop. Not a computer, but a human laptop. Moms, Dads, Grannies and Grandpas, Aunts, Uncles - someone to hold them, read to them, teach them. Loved ones who will embrace them and pass on the experience, rituals and knowledge of a hundred previous generations. Loved ones who will pass to the next gneration their expectations of them, their hopes, and their dreams." - General Colin L. Powell

22 January 2010

Fit Girls' Challenge

So some ladies I know from church put together this challenge - exercise 40 hours in 16 weeks.  It's basically 30 minutes 5 days a week.  Not really that big of a deal.  We all put in $10 and the two with the most time get a prize with additional prizes going to pretty much everyone.  It started Monday and it had been fabulous.  On the days I haven't felt like exercising, I remember that all those women who are doing it and it gives me the added push to get it done.

Now, admittedly, I'm probably at the bottom of the totem pole for physical fitness of the women participating, but that's part of what keeps me going.  No offense to you lovely ladies, but I'd love to be able to prove that I can do it, too.  And I also have a lot more in the long run to gain that those who are just trying to become more physically fit rather than trying to do that and lose weight. 

I think it's a great thing to have a support system to help keep you moving.  So I want to thank Laura and Amber for putting this thing together!  Can't wait to see us all at the end!  I"m sure we'll all be even more fabulous than we already are!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Valerie!

Hope you and your family are doing well. We have decided to delete our blog (we have had some suspicious activity with our Google/Blogger account twice in the last couple of months). I would love to stay in touch though. It has been so fun to know what your family has been up to. Our email address is gkrockwood@msn.com.

I would love to hear from you! :)

Love,

Kristen