Don't count the hours in the day. Make the hours in the day count.

"All children need a laptop. Not a computer, but a human laptop. Moms, Dads, Grannies and Grandpas, Aunts, Uncles - someone to hold them, read to them, teach them. Loved ones who will embrace them and pass on the experience, rituals and knowledge of a hundred previous generations. Loved ones who will pass to the next gneration their expectations of them, their hopes, and their dreams." - General Colin L. Powell

14 January 2011

Kids....

So, like my other two pregnancies, I've ended up sleeping on the couch.  My back, hips and stomach pretty well require it.  Because of this, I often get early morning wake up calls from my early morning eldest son.  This morning was no exception.  Normally, I am woken to "Mom, I need to go poopoo" or something of the like.  This morning was a little different.

Andrew comes walking in.  "Mom."  "What?"  "I don't have my pajama top on and I don't know where it is."  I look at him and there he is, shirtless.  At some point during the night, he had taken it off.  We found it later in the day wrapped up in his bedding.  I guess instead of a sleep walker, I have a sleep stripper.  I'm not sure if that's good or bad. 

And today is Luke's 2nd birthday.  I can't believe my baby is 2!  Where has this time gone?  I look at him and see the baby going and the little boy taking over.  I'm not sure what I'll do when my youngest makes that change in a couple of years.  It's kind of sad.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

At least Andrew is stripping in his sleep and not out in public :-) I can't believe Luke and Kyle are 2. Has it really been two years? I'm already feeling a little bit of the sadness of watching my youngest grow into a little boy and leave babyhood behind. My baby days are most likely over forever-- until grandchildren, right?