Don't count the hours in the day. Make the hours in the day count.

"All children need a laptop. Not a computer, but a human laptop. Moms, Dads, Grannies and Grandpas, Aunts, Uncles - someone to hold them, read to them, teach them. Loved ones who will embrace them and pass on the experience, rituals and knowledge of a hundred previous generations. Loved ones who will pass to the next gneration their expectations of them, their hopes, and their dreams." - General Colin L. Powell

22 September 2009

Update

Man, it seems like time just flies sometimes. I keep meaning to post something and then life gets in the way. So for a quick recap of what's been going on around our neck of the woods:

Luke is growing like a weed. He's 9 months old and crawling and cruising the furniture like a mad man. He's got two teeth and loves to eat anything he can feed himself. He adores his big brother, sometimes to the dismay of his mommy and daddy... This adoration usually leads to mimicking of Andrew's temper tantrums.

Andrew is loving preschool, but really struggling with the concept of rules. He often refuses to help clean up and school and his new favorite phrase is, "I don't want to!" This has led to a lot of time in time out and on more than a few occasions lost privileges. But we love the little stinker, nonetheless.

Clayton and I have decided to finally get our rears in gear and lose the extra weight we've been carrying around for far too long. We started a health challenge and I've been using SparkPeople.com to help me keep track of what I eat. I'm not sure how much weight Clayton has lost, but he's now exercising 5-6 days a week and has cut out the soda. I'm down 9 lbs so far and we're just finishing up week four of our challenge. We've also been working on making our home a place where the Spirit resides instead of occasionally visits. We've been trying really hard to not yell at the kids and to focus more on teaching the gospel. We have some days that are better than others, but it's definitely a marked improvement over a month ago...especially for me.

So there's been a lot going on. I'm hoping to get back on the bandwagon. I still need to get pictures of the kids off of Clayton's computer so I can post them.

1 comment:

AlwaysMee said...

I've been using Sparkpeople too...