Don't count the hours in the day. Make the hours in the day count.

"All children need a laptop. Not a computer, but a human laptop. Moms, Dads, Grannies and Grandpas, Aunts, Uncles - someone to hold them, read to them, teach them. Loved ones who will embrace them and pass on the experience, rituals and knowledge of a hundred previous generations. Loved ones who will pass to the next gneration their expectations of them, their hopes, and their dreams." - General Colin L. Powell

22 June 2009

Hamburger and Fries

So for Father's Day, Claytons family is having a barbeque this afternoon at his brother's house. I am in charge of the dessert. I like to do fun things and try new recipes out on them because they are a friendly crowd. I originally thought that I would make homemade oreo cookies. Then I found these on Bakerella's website. This was such a cute idea I just had to try it out.
Yep, that's right folks! Cupcake & brownie hamburgers, with sugar cookie french fries. They turned out really cute. I'm so excited! I know. Your blood sugar is probably rising even as you look at it.
I even made double decker for all of the men in the family. I just cut the cupcake in thirds and cut the brownie pattie in half. Hopefully everyone likes them as much as Clayton and I do.

4 comments:

Vera said...

Very cute Valerie! You are amazing

Heidi said...

I'm very impressed!!! That is so cool.

Deborah said...

Wow, that turned out awesome!

Josiah & Bridgette Ridley said...

Love them, they're so cute! ;o)